Thursday, December 10, 2009

Sad impulse buys

They always say you shouldn't go food shopping when you're hungry. That you end up buying things you shouldn't just cause your hunger is making decisions instead of you. That might be true, but usually I can control that. For me there's a rule more important: never ever go to a grocery store when you're sad and lonely. Cause at those moment's everything feels acceptable, and I end up buying far too many weird (and usually expensive) things I never eat. And even more of those things I shouldn't eat, but surely will.

I popped into a Tesco on my way home just cause I realized earlier today that there are two huge holes in my last pair of black tights, and I am planning to wear a dress tomorrow. Well, they didn't have ones I would use, but this is what I found in my carrier bag when I came home:
1 tube of pink Smarties
2 filo tartles
4 cans of soup
2 bread rolls
1 bag of chocolates
1 bag of ready cooked rice noodles
1 bag of ready chopped onions
1 pack of mushrooms
12 tubes of Polo Mints

All I would have needed was yogurt.
And it didn't make me feel any better.
I'm still sad and lonely, just with 12 tubes of Polos.

No comments: