1. dandelions 2. orange-colored teacups 3. scent of lilacs 4. polka dots 5. weird haircolors 6. the sound of raindrops on an umbrella 7. watching the clouds 8. picnics 9. swimming in the sea 10. ice cream on a hot day 11. hot chocolate on a cold day 12. text messages from a loved one 13. postcards 14. frogs 15. crocheting 16. summer dresses 17. reading a good book in the garden 18. swinging 19. fake moustaches 20. horseriding 21. baking a chocolate cake 22. good food you didn't have to make yourself 23. scent of old books 24. big sunglasses 25. scent of sunscreen 26. beautiful coffee cups 27. cherry Coca-Cola 28. reading magazines 29. bike rides 30. flea markets 31. colorful beads 32. eating apples from a tree 33. oranges 34. photographing 35. toy cameras 36. 120mm film 37. old black&white photos 38. the colour of the water in an indoor swimming pool 39. buttons 40. yellow flowers 41. walking barefoot 42. letters 43. boys with long hair 44. smiling babies 45. strawberries 46. silence in a cathetdral 47. rocking chairs 48. cherries 49. patchworks 50. summer cottages 51. sitting outdoors with your tea on a summer morning 52. reading a newspaper with no hurry 53. summer nights 54. whistling 55. collages 56. old telephones 57. tulips 58. colorful nail polishes 60. graffito 61. ferris wheels 62. hot air balloons 63. new sneakers 64. drying laundry outside 65. rollercoasters 66. guerilla art 67. art journaling 68. bubble baths 69. cotton candy 70. sandwinches 71. strawberry margaritas 72. surprise presents 73. wish jars 74. colored pencils 75. handwriting 76. chocolate cookies 77. origami 78. pretty fabrics 79. dangling earrings 80. button rings 81. typewriters 82. photo booths 83. stripes 84. shadows 85. long showers 86. sitting in cafés 87. daydreams 88. taking a nap 89. animations 90. picture books 91. cheese cake 92. meringue 93. sandy beaches 94. red skirts 95. enamel brooches 96. rainbow colors 97. gusts of wind 98. lazy cats 99. lockets 100. bracelets
It's been raining all day today. Of course, as it's my laundry day, and I was hoping to hang the sheets outside to dry. But rain hasn't been able to ruin my day completely, it's been actually kinda nice just stay indoors and do small things. I made you a list of possibilities, just in case you are feeling bored.
- Look out of the window and watch the raindrops fall.
If you see any birds, pay attention how they won't get wet.
And don't you forget to wonder why.
- Dream. A lot.
I've been dreaming of distant cities and flying, for instance.
- Watch some movie you've been planning to watch (again) for a long time.
Mine was Little Women.
- Read a book you haven't read yet.
Keri Smith's Guerilla Art Kit was my choice today.
- Take a nap.
A necessity for a rainy day.
(I personally do it even on sunny ones.)
- Write something, or doodle at least.
Aiming to do some art journaling next.
- Craft something.
I'm still crocheting.
And planning to continue sewing later on.
- Cook something you like.
Mmm, macaroni casserole.
- Take a bath or a long shower.
I've been dreaming of a bath tub as well.
- Think back some lovely times of your life.
My mind is in London today.
- And if you love making lists, make one of things to do on a sunny day.
The weather forecast for tomorrow looks promising.
And now I'll continue my rainy day experiences.
Have a nice day whatever kind of weather you have there.
I like doing laundry. It's my favourite of housework, cause it's so easy. I also love the smell of the clean clothes. Doing laundry is especially nice at summer, when you can dry it outside. I tried it today, cause it seemed to be warm and sunny. But then I turned my back and took a nap, and it of course started to rain. I was so annoyed.
My heart jumped a bit when I stumbled upon these pictures.
Why? Because I know that bride. She was one of my best friends in secondary school. We sat next to each other at almost every course for three years. And I know that was long time ago and I haven't seen her in years (six or so), but before I saw these pictures I hadn't realized how long time ago that really was.
According to the photographer who took those pictures she is nowadays a professional model living and working in Hong Kong. And, of course, she's married now, as these are her wedding photos.
And what am I know, after these years? I'm a broke student and a librarian-to-be who lives 150 km away from the place we went to school together with that girl in the pictures. Not that I wasn't happy with my life. I actually am. I have a life that suits me. Still, it feels very weird to hear what kind of things have happened to people you once knew.
After thinking about it for a couple of days, Diana Mini is definitely the camera of my dreams. At least at the moment - I dream a lot about cameras. Anyway, I just built up a photography section in my shop where you can purchase A4 prints of my most beloved pictures. There are eight options at the moment, but more to come in near future.
At least some of the money got from the photographs will be used to reach my dream and fund the Diana. Please check out the shop out and share the word if you know someone who would like to have a print. And if you want to read more about this, check out my craft blogIkomi.
PS. Sorry for those who read both blogs and now got the information twice. But at least the pictures are different...
I've got a new bike! No, not the one in the picture, that's somebody else's old bike I spotted one day. It's very beautiful, that one in the picture, don't you think? Anyway, I'll show you some pictures later about mine. But not now, now I'm too busy to go for a ride :)
On Saturday night when we were out in a bar, the DJ suddenly played this song. It was my favourite as a kid, and this version is made by one of my favourite bands. So I started singing along, and the girl sitting with me joined. Soon the whole bar was singing on the top of their lungs, including the DJ. That was a bit weird, but so so fun.
This has been a good weekend. I spent Friday eve with my best friend, it was the best girl's night in a long while. Food, drinking, talking and Skins marathon. Then on Saturday I had an inside picnic with schoolmates. We had lots of food and lovely sweet treats. In the evening I went out with my bf and his friends. We came back home after three a.m. and slept late this morning. And it's only Sunday, so there's still time left before the weekend is over.
In the pictures there are some "first things" from this weekend. The first rainbow cake I've ever had (made by my lovely friend - I'm still amazed someone can bake something so colorful and beautiful), the first time in a new bar and the first ice cream cone of this spring. Good times.