Tuesday, January 12, 2010

The fact you can't see it doesn't mean the monster wouldn't be there

I went to the attic today. Usually I never do it alone. I hate to admit it, but that place just creeps me out a bit. Yes, it's girly and it very well is pathetic. I just can't help it. And I don't even know why I'm scared. Rationally thinking there's no reason for that. But the point is attics are no rational places.

My friend once found a man sleeping in the attic of her house. Just in one of the closets up there. Mind you, the door of the apartment block and the door to the attic were both locked. She got a bit scared. I guess I would have had too, just because of the surprise. But in principal I don't have anything against men sleeping in attics as long as they let me be. In fact, in my opinion there has to be quite a good reason for sleeping up there, maybe he was homeless or very very tired. In a situation like that I would politely say hello and let him sleep. But I'm a girl who can have a conversation with a man sitting on the street. I asked him if he was all right, and when the guy answered me by asking why should he be all right I started a rather philosophical conversation with him. So it's no wonder, if you wouldn't act the same way.

Well, I didn't tell that story to say I'm afraid of attics cause there might be someone sleeping. I told it, because in my opinion it is a perfect example to summarize why you should be afraid of attics. Attics are weird. You never know what you will find when you go up there. In fact, I lived in this house for 4 months, before I even found the attic itself. I was looking for it, but my key didn't match the door it all of a sudden matched 4 months later when my boyfriend tried it. And a month ago I heard there was an attic in the house where my grandpa lived whole of my childhood until he died a year ago. I never knew about that. Even though I played a lot in there and examined all the corners. That's just...sneaky. Attics, they know how to trick people. And that's why I'm always so careful with them.

But today I didn't find anything special. Just two doors I had to remove cause someone had placed them in front of our closet. And those two jumpers and one skirt I went to look for. I still think there surely was a surprise somewhere there. I just couldn't see it cause I tried to get out of there as quickly as possible.

No comments: