Thursday, February 11, 2010

For the price of a cup of tea...



I need tea in the mornings. Preferably black, but other options are all right too, as long as it's tea. It helps me to wake up and get rid of my morning grumpiness. Sitting with a teacup is a good start for the day and a nice moment before hurrying out of the door. And I love those mornings when I have plenty of time to make a whole pot of tea and have a breakfast while reading a mag.

If I don't have time to enjoy the whole cup, I drink just half of it. Sometimes I make the cup of tea even though I know I won't have time to drink it anyway. The whistle of the kettle is an important part of my morning routines. If I skip it, I feel a bit moodier than usually. (But I do hate (or at least thoroughly dislike) mornings anyway, so they never are that positive time for me.)

This morning I overslept. I had less than 30 minutes to get ready and be out of the door. For a girl who needs at least 15 minutes to wake up and 20 minutes to eat breakfast, it means a chaotic, grumpy morning. I didn't have time to drink my tea. Not even make it. So at the first break I went to the school cafeteria to get a cup of it. And now I've had a taste of paper cup in my mouth the whole day. Nothing helps to get rid of it, and I have to say it hasn't made my day any better. I guess I'll have to start to carry a china teacup with me wherever I go.

No comments: