Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Summer, I miss you!




I'm getting fed up with the winter.
I'm tired of all the cold and snow and freezing wind.
I don't wanna wear 5 layers of clothes every time I leave the house
and carry an extra cardigan in my bag just in case it's actually colder than I thought.
I'm bored cause it's dark when I wake up and dark when I come back home.
I can't remember when I last time saw the sun for more than a moment at a time.

I miss long, light days. I miss sunshine you can feel on your skin. I miss the smell of freshly mowed lawn and bright colors of the flowers. I miss eating ice cream outside and having picnics. I miss wearing summer dresses and going barefoot. I miss sneakers and skirts and strawberries. I miss taking pictures without having to use the flash to see what's in the pic.

The sad thing is it's the time of the year when the "real" snowy winter usually starts in here. But this year it came already in December, so by now I just wish it would go away already. If the winter doesn't leave soon, I may just have to hibernate the rest of it to survive.

No comments: