Monday, March 15, 2010

A Collection a Day





{All pictures from A collection a Day}

I am a collector myself. Plastic dinosaurs, earrings, bouncing balls, beautiful stones, postcards, photographs, buttons, old teacups... I love to collect beautiful pieces and store them for the future. I try to use my collections for something nice if possible: I make jewelry of the buttons and bouncing balls, use the stones on the bottoms of the plant pots, drink from the teacups, send the postcards and use the earrings. Once I used one of my plastic dinosaurs as a cake topper. I don't collect only for collecting, cause that way I would be buried with stuff pretty soon.

I was thrilled when I stumbled upon a blog called A Collection a Day. The author, Lisa Congdon, posts a photograph, a drawing or a painting of a collection every day for the year 2010. The photographed ones are parts of her own collections (she seems to have lots of interesting stuff!), the illustrated ones are imaginary. What a wonderful idea. And those pictures, they are absolutely beautiful and someway calming. Maybe it's how they are so organized and in control. Or maybe it's just the beauty of the items. Anyway, this is going to be one of my daily reads. It just makes me so happy.

No comments: