Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Something New, Something Blue




Lots of things have changed in my personal life since I last time actively wrote this blog. I finished my thesis. I graduated. I got a job. I took that job, even though it was in another city. Which led to a situation where my boyfriend had to get a new job in that new city too. And then we moved. Or actually have been moving for couple of weeks now, the process isn't completely over yet. One more trip with a car full of stuff and cleaning of the old apartment are waiting to be done. And now we live in a place that looks more like a garage with those boxes everywhere, so there's lots of unpacking to do as well.

My boyfriend gave that globe in the pictures for me for Christmas two years ago. It's one of those single items that are very precious to me. From the last picture you can see that the distance between these two cities in Southern Finland ("Hels." and the other one on the left side of it) isn't very long, but it still feels like it. I'm glad I have my globe to bring me comfort in a new city I've never lived in before. This is like having a new start. In a good and a bad way, both at the same time. I'm excited and frightened by turns.

Let's see what happens.

No comments: