Tuesday, November 17, 2009

As they aren't paying me anything for working here...

I got an email from my father this morning. Cause he uses the same template for every message (from invoices to business letters and forwarding family information) the message looked very official. There was a long signature with his full name, a long status, full address, phone and fax numbers and e-mail address. All this took eight rows.

The actual message took one:
Hi, how much money do you need? Love, dad

This very simple message with so much irrelevant information made me laugh out loud. I had to explain my reaction for a bypassing colleague, who asked why I am so happy this morning. He, as a father, said that dads always know when their kids need them, they just don't need so many words to express themselves. That may be true. And I know he's there for me even when I need something else than money. Even though he wouldn't know how to say it.

I'm still smiling.

No comments: