Tuesday, December 1, 2009

This is the first day of the rest of your December

This morning I got up and tried to get dressed as quickly and quietly as possible so my boyfriend could continue sleeping while I'm on my way to work. Well, it's not possible to succeed in such a small room so he woke up, asked me to give him his iPhone from the other side of the room and then pulled the blanket over his head. When handing the phone I saw the date of today in the enlightened screen. "Is it really the first of December today?", I asked. "Seems to be", he answered sounding a bit impatient. "So I can open the first window of the advent calender?" The eager sound of my voice made him laugh. Well, in my opinion it's a reason good enough to get out of bed. But that lazy boy just crawled back under the blanket.


My mum sent me an advent calendar a month ago. It's the traditional Finnish Scout's one, basically cause my cousin always sells them as a scout-member. I'm used to have one from Unicef, cause they are big and colorful, but this one is also very nice. Anyway, I've always preferred those pictured ones, cause the chocolate in chocolate calendars is never tasty, and once you've eaten it, that's that for the day. But you can look the pics as many times as you want, and in my opinion the best calendars are the ones that complete the big picture a bit more with every little window you open.

I bought my boyfriend one as well. He doesn't like advent calendars that much, but couldn't resist this one. Well, who could resist a pop up-one that promises you 365 penguins before Christmas? It still didn't get him out of bed at 7 o'clock to open the first hatch, but I'll make sure he does it today. And it has nothing to do with the fact that I wanna know how many penguins are in there today.


I you don't have one yet, this is your day to get it. If you do, please tell me what does it look like! Yes, I am a bit too eager for a twenty two-year-old, but in my opinion advent calendars just are one of the best things about Christmas-time.

No comments: