Saturday, February 27, 2010

Something old, something new



Ladies and gentlemen, please let me introduce you my new camera. Authentic and original Agfa Isola from 1958. I'm not totally used to taking pics with it yet (they still appear unfocused and look weird cause I'm not quite sure how to use the camera), but I sure love it.

I love the fact it's old (2 years younger than my parents), but still works perfectly. I love how it looks like and how it feels in my hands. I love that it's a film camera, and, even better, uses 120 film. I love those 6x6 square photographs, and I love black and white. I've missed shooting film, and especially black and white.

I just wish it were cheaper to develop the pictures. What do you think, would there be space for a darkroom in the corner of our bathroom? I'm afraid that could make daily life too hard. Would be awesome though.

No comments: