Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Meetings, part 2

I was on my way home, and feeling exhausted. I'm getting cold, I'm afraid, so I didn't feel well in any way. I was crossing the street when the lights turned red so I had to stop on the last traffic island of that three-part zebra crossing. I waited until the cars passed, and cause there were no more coming, I just went on. I know I'm not supposed to, but I have to say I only do this when I've double checked every direction and seen there's no cars at the moment. If there is one getting closer the crossroads I wait my turn. But as I said, there were no cars on the road, so I crossed.

I guess I shouldn't have done that this time, cause on the other side of the road there was a woman waiting with two small kids. She glanced at me in a very disapproving way, which is understandable, as I was being a bad example for those kids. I felt bad for it, until I passed them. Cause at that moment the woman leaned on her little son and I heard her to say at a very loud voice: "Honey, remember not to be that stupid yourself, ever."

At that moment I just had an urgent need to stop and say to that kiddo: "Honey, remember not to do OR leave undone anything in this life just because they told you so, ever." But when I'd finally got my sentence sound right, the lights had changed green and they were crossing the street already.

No comments: